Wednesday, June 09, 2004

summer reading

Trust me, even though I am a librarian and like to read, I know that few people want to complete reading assignments over the summer. But since most schools require some reading during vacation, wouldn't it be nice to get an extra reward for the effort?

Well, that's the idea behind the new Teen Summer Reading program. It's part of Teen Tuesdays @ the Library. Starting June 15 at 6 pm, every Tuesday there will be something: movies, crafts, games. And, as always, it's free and fun!

But to get credit for the reading you're doing for school, you need to sign up with me beginning June 15, check back with me when you've finished a book, fill out a short form and pick up a prize or two! Sounds simple, right? Well, it is but it's a new program so it may take time to work out the details.

Keep checking the website for updated info!