Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Shrimp

Last fall I was at a librarian's conference and someone mentioned the book Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn. This woman said it was the best book and everyone there should read it. Well, even though I was already reading for the RI Teen Book Award committee, I went ahead and read about a very funny book about a girl named Cyd Charisse who returns home after being kicked out of a boarding school and meets a surfer guy named Shrimp landing her in new and different kinds of trouble with her parents so they ship her off again for the summer.

And just last week I got my hands on the sequel to Gingerbread and it's called Shrimp! After Cyd Charisse spends the summer in New York City getting to know her biological dad, she returns to San Francisco trying not to frustrate her mom, making new friends and attempting to reunite with Shrimp.

So, read Gingerbread and when you're done, I'll pass Shrimp over to you, when I'm finished!