Thursday, May 26, 2005

Things Change

Just got in about 8 new books and they all look so good I don't know which one to read first. I handed Lauren Myracle's new book Rhymes with Bitches to a girl a few minutes ago. Just reading the publisher's description it makes me want to read it:
"From the author of the break-out hit ttyl, a dark and utterly readable take on the hierarchy of high school girls. There are Gossip Girls and Mean Girls but no one has come as close to the dark heart of high-school girl politics as Lauren Myracle does in this shivery smart, wonderfully strange story of a high school where popularity can be stolen. "

The other book I've got in front of me is written by a Young Adult librarian. Things Change by Patrick Jones is about a girl's first relationship with a guy who is really hard to please. If he's unhappy then Johanna becomes his target and his aim is pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading this one next!