Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Art Geeks and Prom Queens

A few months back I received an advance readers copy of Art Geeks and Prom Queens by Alyson Noel. This will be published in September in paperback but the strange thing was this time I received a manuscript instead of a bound book the way I usually do so it's a bit awkward to read but I'm reading it nonetheless.

This story is about a rich girl who moves from New York City to Southern California. In typical fashion, she finds it difficult to fit in there but she is befriended by a guy named Jas and a girl named Mason in her art class. Unfortunately she develops a major crush on Jas which makes it difficult for her to remain his friend so she is drawn into a tentative friendship with Kristi and her two friends who are into fashion and looking good.

So far the idea of the book is a lot like the movie "Mean Girls" which is strange but it's good so far. If you want to read this one yourself, come see me in the Teen Zone!