Friday, September 02, 2005

Rebel Angels

Well, yesterday I really wanted to start reading the sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray but I held off so I could finish my other book, the previously mentioned Twilight by Stepehenie Meyer. Rebel Angels is longer than the first one but I'm guessing it will be a page-turner as Gemma Doyle and her friends try and figure out where the power of The Order comes from and who will find help them solve this mystery.

Set in the year 1896 at a girls boarding school in England, the sequel appears to pick up exactly where the other left off. The first one had something happen at the end that I couldn't have predicted. Well, actually two things. As I was listening, I had to turn it off for a while so I could figure out where I was going since I was trying to follow directions and I didn't want to miss any of the story!

Of course I switched from Victorian England to present day Oregon where a teen girl has gone to live with her father for the first time in many years. It is there she meets the mysterious Edward Cullen. He captivates her but the question is, does he want to suck her blood because it's clear that Edward is a vampire.