Thursday, October 06, 2005

Y the Last Man: Unmanned

Whenever I get reading suggestions, I usually enjoy what has been recommended. Recently I had a suggestion for the graphic novel collection. The Vertigo series someone told me about is Y the Last Man by Brian K. Vaughn. The idea is that one day all the men in the world are dead. This leaves the planet in chaos with half its population gone. What's going to happen next? Well, there is one man left. His name is Yorick. He and his pet monkey were not harmed by whatever killed all the other men.

But now the question is, can he survive a planet of hostile women? All he really wants is to get to his girlfriend who is traveling in Australia while he's in Washington, DC. This is a 5 volume set. I read through the first one today and I am ready to read book 2.