Thursday, January 12, 2006

Y the Last Man: Vol 6

Although I don't pick up and read comic books all the time, I do read graphic novels, many of which are the monthly issues compiled in book form. So anyone who buys the issues and reads them will be way ahead of me but I still like keeping up with the storyline. So, one story I started reading, at the suggestion of a graphic novel reading co-worker is Y the Last Man by Brian K. Vaughn The premise is that all of the men on the planet have been wiped out by a plague except for one guy, Yorick and his pet monkey. And in each issue, Yorick is trying to get somewhere to help figure out how to repopulate the planet, essentially. He is being protected by a secret agent named 355 and accompanied by a doctor with expertise in cloning.

There's lots of action in this volume, entitled Girl on Girl so it's definitely worth reading!