Monday, July 17, 2006

Playing it Cool

The book I just finished that I offered to review for a meeting is "Playing it Cool" by Joaquin Dorfman. It's a bit of a mystery but the teen characters are great and I kept reading mainly to see what would happen.

Of course, on the other hand, it's a bit confusing when you try to figure out who or what motivates the main character. His name is Sebastian but some people call him Seba and some Bastian! He goes for a week to Wilmington, North Carolina with a high school buddy who is meeting his biological father for the first time. He's there to support his friend, you might say, but he's also there to pretend to be his friend. They reverse roles for the week, for some odd reason, which only adds to the confusion and mystery of the story.

I'm waiting to hear from a teen reader who has read this one who can tell me if they liked it or not. As for me, I wanted to finish it, not just for the meeting but so I could figure out what the heck was going on!