Saturday, August 12, 2006

Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon

It's always great when I get a good book suggestion from a friend and recently I had one friend suggest the graphic novels of Garth Ennis and fortunately a co-worker had a few of Ennnis's titles in his own collection and brought them in for me to read.

So far I've read 3 books of "Preacher" and it's just an amazingly complex storyline with a lot of unexpected twists and turns. Of course this story is not for the faint of heart because there is senseless violence and bloodshed which fits in with the story, believe it or not.

The story centers around a young minister named Jesse Custer who has some amazing powers, his gun-toting girlfriend Tulip and their vampire friend Cassidy. Add to that a Holy Grail storyline and it's a page-turner that I couldn't put down!