Thursday, October 26, 2006

Chew on This

One of the books on the list of titles to be considered for the 2008 Rhode Island Teen Book Award is Chew on This by Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson. Schlosser wrote Fast Food Nation and adapted that book about the fast food industry in the U.S. for younger readers. When I started reading it on Tuesday night, I flew through the first 50 pages. That doesn't usually happen with non-fiction books so I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyone who has ever been inside a fast food restaurant needs to read this book and find out what really goes on behind the scenes. It's fascinating and I'm glad that I decided to read it even though I already read his other book a few years ago. Oddly enough, they're coming out with a film version of the book Fast Food Nation so that's interesting to think about too.