Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hoot (the movie)

When I first heard there was a movie coming out based on Carl Hiaasen's "Hoot," I was intrigued and even though it didn't do really well on the big screen, I wanted to say it so I brought it home from the library with me the other night.

One thing I liked about it was that musician Jimmy Buffett is featured as the science teacher of the main character. He also contributes music to the soundtrack which makes perfect sense since he the book and film are based in Florida. So the Carribean sound that he is known for, works really well in this setting.

If you need to read a mystery and/or you like reading about kids who want to save the environment, you should read Hoot and when you're done, read his other novel for young people, Flush, which just came out last year!