Saturday, November 04, 2006

Down the Rabbit Hole: An Echo Falls Mystery

One of my favorite phrases as a librarian is, You can't always judge a book by its cover. Why do I like saying that? Well, many times, you can decide to read a book or not a read a book based on what the cover looks like but even I am deceived from time to time.

Take for example, the book I'm listening to right now. It's a title to be considered for the Rhode Island Teen Book Award called Down the Rabbit Hole: An Echo Falls Mystery by Peter Abrahams. I knew this book was a mystery but for some reason I thought the book featured a boy main character but it's actually a soccer-playing middle school girl who gets involved in a mystery in her Connecticut town.

Once I'm done listening to this, I can read the advance review copy I have of its sequel. I have a LOT of reading to do. Lately I've been getting behind in my reading and I have to pick up the pace. But I am definitely enjoying Abrahams' book since it's such a pleasant surprise!