Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg

So I've spent my morning at my desk and there are bunches of email postings to the Graphic Novels in Libraries listserv and it made me realize that I had never blogged here about The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg. When I talk about this book I usually just mention Cecil because she is known as a teen novel writer but this time she is coming out with something new...a graphic novel! It's the first one in a new line of books called Minx put out by DC Comics.

Plain Janes comes out next month but I was lucky enough to see an advance copy at NY Comic Con so that was fun. The book is good and the kids I've shown it to in the Teen Zone have liked it as well. Check out the website and everything because it's very cool!