Friday, October 12, 2007

Reading for work and pleasure

Well, as always, I have too many books that I want to read and a few that I need to read but don't want to...it's a dilemma, to be sure but I am currently trying to read "Tips of Having a Gay (Ex) Boyfriend" by Carrie Jones. So far it's just not pulling me in so I may try to get one of my regulars in the Teen Zone, like Chris P. to give it a go and then try again.

On my own time I am enjoying "Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict" by Laura Viera Rigler. My library didn't own this title so I borrowed it from another library and when I just checked the spelling of the author's last name, I saw that there are a bunch of holds on it right now so I better get going. This story is interesting because it takes a 21st century woman and puts her into Regency England but she doesn't know how she got there!

When she mentions that daily bathing is a sponge bath and a full tub bath is only once a week, it makes me glad that I do not live in Austen's time because I love taking showers every day!