Monday, March 10, 2008

Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

One of the anime DVDs that I've gotten from Funimation and the group really liked is Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad which revolves around 14 yr old Koyuki who meets up with Ryosuke who is a 16 yr old guitar whiz. The two slowly form a friendship and eventually Koyuki is invited to join the band, something he has dreamed of for a long time.

In the meantime there is romance and lots of laughs, many of which come from the swim coach who becomes Koyuki's mentor because he also loves playing guitar and even help Koyuki to repair a guitar that Ryosuke lets him borrow.

After bringing the first volume home last month to watch with my friend Mike, he bought me volume 2 for a birthday gift so now I've seen more of the series than the kids at my library. Also he found a CD of Beat Crusaders, the Japanese band the supplies a lot of the music for the show!